Monday 24 July 2006
On 24 July I talked with actor and author Clint Walker, who will appear at the Nevada Theatre in Nevada City this evening in a fundraiser for the theater's fire sprinkler system and the Friends of the Nevada County Libraries. Cowboy poet Larry Maurice will be MC, Jonathan Meredith and his Cowboy Band will provide music and Walker will introduce an episode from his classic TV show Cheyenne. Meredith will read an excerpt from Walker's novel Yaqui Gold, which he co-wrote with Kirby Jonas, and Walker will sign copies of the novel and the Cheyenne DVD.
I then talked with County Librarian Steve Fjelsted, who is moving on to head the South Pasadena Library after 3 1/2 years in Nevada County.
I finally talked with Booktown's Camptonville correspondent John Deaderick about his current reading. The books he mentioned included
To hear this program, click here.
- The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford (many editions)
- Shadowplay by Clare Asquith (Public Affairs)
- North American Pinot Noir by John Winthrop Haeger (UC Press)
- a book on the evolution of lizards
- The Stranger by Albert Camus (many editions)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (many editions)
posted by Eric Tomb and others 4:43 PM